We are at the edge of entering a truly amazing period of time that started August 15th (and points forward) continues until some time in late September, possibly “about’ the change of seasons at the Fall Equinox. AND, we are recently past the perfection of a Lunar Eclipse (or not?) (Full Moon) on August 18th that (more) clearly signals or “punctuates” the beginning of this series. More about this after the Weekly Forecasts.
Also: I have updated my SUMO page. If you are new to this blog and trying to decipher what is happening here, we HIGHLY recommend that you read it.
Here is a sample of our Weekly Forecasts:
2016-08 W34: Forecasts for Week 34 of 2016
The Full Moon / Lunar eclipse dominates this week, but the Venus / Neptune opposition, Sun trine Uranus, Venus trine Pluto, and Mercury opposite Chiron are also important influences. Sunday, and the entire weekend preceding this Sunday, is dominated by Venus (Virgo) opposite Neptune (Pisces) which presents people, places, and things in the rosiest light possible. “Things” are not really as they seem at this time, and Sun biseptile Mars means that some kind of karma is involved, a debt to be paid now or later. Tuesday we have the annual Sun trine Uranus which brings us surprises and possibly important insights, but Sun quincunx Chiron is unpleasant and Venus joins the Node to make this another karmic day. Wednesday we might feel the first wakeup call from this past weekend as Venus trines Pluto either making us pay the price for indiscretion or reap the benefit of proper action over the weekend. The Full Moon, and eclipse, perfects Thursday and everything changes. Friday is unpleasant with Mercury quincunx Uranus and opposite Chiron. This is a very Chironic week (the wounded healer is operating, telling us that we can only heal ourselves by teaching others the lessons we have learned). Saturday brings important insights.
Saturday is strong with the Piscean Moon joining Chiron and then opposing first Mercury and then Jupiter. A little past 7 AM CDT the moon moves void of course until it enters Aries shortly past 2 PM CDT. Before the Moon moves void, much work of a Piscean nature can be accomplished and Jim Shawvan includes the void as an “Opportunity Period.” However, Piscean pursuits tend to be poetry, lyrics, photography, videography, spiritual pursuits, and helping others.
2016-08 W35: Forecasts for Week 34 of 2016
The Sun leaves Leo and enters Virgo on Monday August 22nd. This is also the last full week of August.
For many, Summer is over and school starts. This affects both students and close relatives (i.e. parents) of students. “Back to School” dominates, and this is the kind of thing where Virgo excels.
Sunday is quiet astrologically, and we hope that means that students and those around them have a quiet window to prepare for the week ahead. Monday Mercury is conjunct Jupiter, and this is excellent for higher education as well as foreign travel and legal matters. Sun sesquiquadrate Pluto gives as very “urgent” feel to Monday, especially regarding finances or similar issues. Tuesday things can become very ugly with Mars Sesquiquadrate Uranus; we think this is a particularly dangerous day. Mars joins Saturn on Wednesday, and we have a different version of Tuesday. SOME problems can be prevented, and Venus opposite Chiron tells us that we must acknowledge the “Wounded Healer” within each of us and the others we meet. Thursday has an oddball disruption, a surprise that might lead to an insight, maybe. Friday is very “karmic,” and we need to help others. Also, Friday is a day where you likely cannot trust what you hear, particularly from politicians and snake oil salesmen. (I bet Bill Clinton will have a statement to make on Friday! He has a version of this aspect (Mars Square Neptune) in his natal chart. Saturday appears to be a day of grace, and we will all need that by the end of this week.
As we mentioned, this is a remarkably quiet day. The one particularly unpleasant issue that arises is that people with eating disorders may panic regarding the thought of encountering their peers (presumably at school, Vesta / Ceres minor aspect). We think that this is mostly a quiet and productive day except for some possibly glitches in the afternoon or evening.
This first day of school for some has both a void Moon and a void Sun. The Sun enters Virgo shortly before Noon CDT but the Moon does not enter Taurus until some time after 4 PM CDT. That makes today a day of restarts, and in higher education that will surely manifest as adding and dropping classes. Wait to do those add / drops until this evening or tomorrow. Jim Shawvan identifies an “Opportunity Period” from the time the Moon enters Taurus until just before 3 PM on Wednesday.
Mars makes a minor aspect to Pluto, and some spats might emerge. Neptune trine Vesta means that many should consider taking pictures, particularly of anything that even faintly resembles a ceremony or ritual. Think broadly about these; even standing in line at the cafeteria might be considered a kind of ritual.
Glitches hit Tuesday morning but clear out by afternoon. Today “feels” a bit like a day when people will tend to become agitated. Lawyers and judges will especially feel an urgent need to pursue matters and “clear the docket.” Some people will learn new ideas and have important insights regarding diet and healthcare. Overall, this is a good day. You can “get things done” today, and you can feel good about what you accomplish.
As we said earlier, we are at the edge of entering a truly amazing period of time that started August 15th (and points forward) continues until some time in late September, possibly “about’ the change of seasons at the Fall Equinox.
Here is why it is amazing:
- A Grand Quintile forms on August 28th. These are even more rare than the Mystic Rectangles we encountered a few weeks ago. (Click here for a chart of the pattern.) By itself, that would be enough, but….
- Mercury stations retrograde on August 30th (and, as of August 15th, we are in the “shadow” of the retrograde where we are already “feeling” some of the disruptions and shifts in our patterns that are yet to come). (See, also: Mercury Stations and Ingresses for 2016.) I would argue that the Grand Quintile of August 28th continues to be in effect. BUT, how to use that massive influx of creative genius when Mercury is making a (retrograde!) station? And we note that Mercury stations direct again on September 22nd, shortly after the change of seasons (Fall Equinox). Clustering of events like this are a sort of “punctuation mark.”
- We have a Solar Eclipse (New Moon, but a rather special kind) that affects most of the African continent and especially central Africa. This Eclipse perfects on September 1st and has a number of other patterns present. While I am not sure of this, I would not be entirely surprised to discover that some (many? most?) people of African descent are affected. AND *SOME* geneticists argue that, to some greater or lesser degree, we are all descended from Africans (those of us who are of Asian or Caucasian descent being nomads who left Africa very long ago). I would AGAIN argue that the Grand Quintile is still in effect. (Why? Because it “re-appears” on September 3rd and continues to September 11th. That leads me to believe that the computer program that detects this pattern cannot see something that, currently, only human eyes can.)
- “Another” Grand Quintile (re-)appears on September 3, 2016 and continues until September 11, 2016. Is it really that big of a deal? YES! If you look at our page “Grand Quintiles from 1800 to 2050,” you will see that about 200 of these occur in the 250 year time span (a quarter of a millenium). BUT, they often occur in groups of two or three or more during a particular year and then not again for several years. The next ones happen in 2020 (curiously, the next election cycle!). For those of you who can “channel” this amazing energy, you have a window where you may produce some of the greatest creative works of your lifetime. Please do not let this slip by you!
- Mercury Retrograde will move backwards across the Sun AND North Node (Karma) during this cycle and back across them after moving forward. “Luke, it is your DESTINY!” Whatever is the best use of your personal creative genius, this is the time to use it/them.
We hope to write some posts about this amazing window, but sometimes we get derailed by personal events, have computer problems, etc. AND, we are getting older and crankier and sometimes we just do not get things out the way we would like. The computer that we used to produce our posts and content was out of commission for MONTHs, and it is just now online again. We will help if we can, but on the outside chance that does not happen, you need to HELP YOURSELF. Make a list of your goals, especially your creative goals, and what you would like to bring to fruition at this time. Is it photography? Poetry, Songwriting? Sculpture? Is your gift creative writing or maybe writing “how to” books? How about computer programming or “big data” data science? Are you a medical researcher or someone who might be writing a law review article? Whatever it is, THIS is your window. Every moment is precious. Use it wisely.
And, as far as the political arena goes, expect to see nothing short of AMAZING and unprecedented events!
After months of seemingly endless campaigning, we have finally found a candidate we can support: click here to read more.
New Moons, Full Moons, and 2016 in General
For those interested, here is a list of New Moons for 2016, and here is a list of Full Moons for 2016. For more information about the change of seasons in general, including the upcoming Summer Solstice, click here. You may also be interested in Rare and Absent Patterns for 2016.
You can also find a comprehensive review of Moon’s aspects, void of course, and other events at “This Week in Astrology.”
Our Other Sites
- Mystic Rectangles: weekly (Sunout) and monthly (Marsout) aspectarians and low volume of posts; excellent for subscriptions; best fit for astrology for mobile devices.
- Lost Dudeist Astrology: a potpourri of articles that range from the absurd to the sublime that typically cover astrology but sometimes other topics as well. Grand Trines sticks to current astrological events and forecasts whereas LDA has astrological theory, Tarot, opinions, and so forth.
- Weekly Forecasts is just what the name says: weekly forecasts posted once a week for the upcoming week with some reblogs of similar material from other bloggers.
You may also be interested in the reblogs of content by other astrologers on the posts page. We are working on a project on Long Term Forecasts. Frankly, we do not expect to complete this project in our lifetime. Your feedback, as we go, is appreciated.
Click -> here <-
Other Interesting and Useful Pages
- Election Day 2016 (USA)
- An analysis of Election Day 2016 by Clarissa / Viva Combusta
- 2016 Overview (contains the next few links)
- 2016 Change of Seasons and Cross Quarter Days
- 2016 Full Moons
- 2016 New Moons
- 2016 Mercury Ingresses and Stations
- Politicians of Interest (2015 and 2016)
- SUMO (Strategic Use of Multiple Oracles)
- Long Term Forecasts
- Neptune Sextile Pluto (1800 to 2050)
- Void Of Course Moon Periods
- Today’s Transits (external site)
- A list of upcoming transits (exte
One of the sites we follow has been using “Profected Houses” to analyze politicians in the United States race for President. Here is a table that you may find useful if you are interested in applying that method to yourself (or others):
Many thanks to the site Tableizer which helped make preparing the abover table MUCH easier!
Notes: (1) EST: add one hour; (2) PST: subtract two hours; (3) for UTC and other zones, try this.