We are at the edge of entering a truly amazing period of time that started August 15th (and points forward) continues until some time in late September, possibly “about’ the change of seasons at the Fall Equinox. AND, we are past the perfection of a Lunar Eclipse (or not?) (Full Moon) on August 18th that (more) clearly signals or “punctuates” the beginning of this series, heading into Mercury Retrograde Station with a Solar Eclipse. More about this after the Weekly Forecasts.
As a side note, every so often I need to take a day or two (or three?) off. That means I miss the reblogs, and you have to click through to read the Weekly Forecasts.
Also: I have updated my SUMO page. If you are new to this blog and trying to decipher what is happening here, we HIGHLY recommend that you read it.
Here is a sample of our Weekly Forecasts:
2016-08 W36: Forecasts for Week 36 of 2016
August ends this week and September begins. Labor Day has not yet arrived, yet we more fully feel that Summer is over. Sunday is mostly quiet though we do have the karmic Venus triseptile Uranus. Venus also forms a quintile to Saturn, and brilliant insights can be had about practical matters. The Moon is waning and headed toward the New Moon on Saturday. A RARE Grand Quintile pattern forms on Sunday. While it does “disappear” by the end of the day, a new form of it reforms within 24 hours and lasts until September 11th. This provides rare gifts for creatives and at least the ability to learn important lessons for non-creatives. Use this window wisely; the next similar one is in 2020.
Monday Venus enters Libra, and relationships become particularly important. If we had wild sex last week with someone new, then it is time to make a decision whether or not we are willing to publicly acknowledge that romance. Mars squares the North Node, and karma is in play (meaning we will reap what we have sewn). Mercury joins Venus, and chatter about relationships and romance are amplified.
Mercury finally makes the Retrograde station on Tuesday, and we have been feeling that for the past few weeks but especially this week. Sun sesquiquadrate Uranus on Wednesday brings surprises, maybe a broken or infected cell phone, tablet, or computer. Thursday, September 1st, the Sun makes its annual square to Saturn, and we all feel like we had better “buckle down” and get to work. We might feel a bit depressed about the “daily grind” we go through. Friday the Sun opposes Neptune, and either we are home sick with something like ragweed allergies or we feel so low energy that we might as well be sick. This day is best used to reading or writing poetry or photography or videography or something similar. Retrograde Mercury joins Jupiter on Friday, and we have to review some important matter. Saturday our ideas will not leave us alone, and we should write down what comes to us at this time.
Except for necessary homework or anything like that, you can “take the day off.” And, you should.
That said, the Moon in Cancer opposes Pluto in Capricorn and squares Uranus in Aries forming a cardinal T-Square that might be felt Saturday and might be felt Monday but is mostly something that affects today. For most people, this is a “tempest in a teapot” and has no lasting effect. Some people who are Aries, Cancer, Libra or Capricorn will feel today as a “trigger point” day and this will be a turning point. By turning point we mean that “the straw that breaks the Camel’s back” has fallen and an otherwise trivial event triggers something big. This can also be true for anyone with a planet at 17 degrees (in aspect to Pluto) or 23 degrees (in aspect to Uranus) in their natal chart. And if you have any kind of Venus / Uranus aspect in your natal chart (or are LGBT), then you might “feel” today a bit more strongly.
Some people will have breakthrough ideas about a practical matter. (Venus quintile Saturn) For creatives this might be a way to do your art that should have been obvious before but was not. Today it becomes obvious, and that is a different kind of turning point for you than the one listed above (unless you are specifically in one of the groups mentioned). This new method might actually involve doing LESS to achieve MORE.
Again, for everyone else it is a good day to ignore minor dramas and “take the day off” and rest and relax if you can.
We will restate what we have already said: “Monday Venus enters Libra, and relationships become particularly important. If we had wild sex last week with someone new, then it is time to make a decision whether or not we are willing to publicly acknowledge that romance. Mars squares the North Node, and karma is in play (meaning we will reap what we have sewn). Mercury joins Venus, and chatter about relationships and romance are amplified.
This is the day before the Mercury Retrograde Station, and if your cell phone, tablet, computer, automobile, boat, or plan has not already gone haywire, chances are good that it will today or in the next few days. Double check everything and take nothing for granted.
Mercury stations retrograde, and many things seem to go haywire. But Jim Shawvan identifies two “back to back” opportunity periods from Sunday through today, so you still might come across some powerful opportunity that you need to seize. If so, then seize it. This is likely to be a hidden opportunity in the form of something that is broken or misplaced or “odd.” Change your thinking so you can see what needs to be seen and hear what needs to be heard.
Wednesday is strangely quiet, leaving us to wonder what the universe has in store for us. Ceres moves retrograde. People with eating disorders may have had setbacks by this point in time, but they can also learn from them and find what does, and does not, work. The Moon is void until a bit past 10 AM CDT and moves into Virgo after that. We should bring closure to what we can, given what Mercury Retrograde will allow us to accomplish before the New Moon tomorrow, a Solar Eclipse, slightly past 4 AM CDT.
As we said earlier, we are at the edge of entering a truly amazing period of time that started August 15th (and points forward) continues until some time in late September, possibly “about’ the change of seasons at the Fall Equinox.
Here is why it is amazing:
- A Grand Quintile forms on August 28th. These are even more rare than the Mystic Rectangles we encountered a few weeks ago. (Click here for a chart of the pattern.) By itself, that would be enough, but….
- Mercury stations retrograde on August 30th (and, as of August 15th, we are in the “shadow” of the retrograde where we are already “feeling” some of the disruptions and shifts in our patterns that are yet to come). (See, also: Mercury Stations and Ingresses for 2016.) I would argue that the Grand Quintile of August 28th continues to be in effect. BUT, how to use that massive influx of creative genius when Mercury is making a (retrograde!) station? And we note that Mercury stations direct again on September 22nd, shortly after the change of seasons (Fall Equinox). Clustering of events like this are a sort of “punctuation mark.”
- We have a Solar Eclipse (New Moon, but a rather special kind) that affects most of the African continent and especially central Africa. This Eclipse perfects on September 1st and has a number of other patterns present. While I am not sure of this, I would not be entirely surprised to discover that some (many? most?) people of African descent are affected. AND *SOME* geneticists argue that, to some greater or lesser degree, we are all descended from Africans (those of us who are of Asian or Caucasian descent being nomads who left Africa very long ago). I would AGAIN argue that the Grand Quintile is still in effect. (Why? Because it “re-appears” on September 3rd and continues to September 11th. That leads me to believe that the computer program that detects this pattern cannot see something that, currently, only human eyes can.)
- “Another” Grand Quintile (re-)appears on September 3, 2016 and continues until September 11, 2016. Is it really that big of a deal? YES! If you look at our page “Grand Quintiles from 1800 to 2050,” you will see that about 200 of these occur in the 250 year time span (a quarter of a millenium). BUT, they often occur in groups of two or three or more during a particular year and then not again for several years. The next ones happen in 2020 (curiously, the next election cycle!). For those of you who can “channel” this amazing energy, you have a window where you may produce some of the greatest creative works of your lifetime. Please do not let this slip by you!
- Mercury Retrograde will move backwards across the Sun AND North Node (Karma) during this cycle and back across them after moving forward. “Luke, it is your DESTINY!” Whatever is the best use of your personal creative genius, this is the time to use it/them.
We hope to write some posts about this amazing window, but sometimes we get derailed by personal events, have computer problems, etc. AND, we are getting older and crankier and sometimes we just do not get things out the way we would like. The computer that we used to produce our posts and content was out of commission for MONTHs, and it is just now online again. We will help if we can, but on the outside chance that does not happen, you need to HELP YOURSELF. Make a list of your goals, especially your creative goals, and what you would like to bring to fruition at this time. Is it photography? Poetry, Songwriting? Sculpture? Is your gift creative writing or maybe writing “how to” books? How about computer programming or “big data” data science? Are you a medical researcher or someone who might be writing a law review article? Whatever it is, THIS is your window. Every moment is precious. Use it wisely.
And, as far as the political arena goes, expect to see nothing short of AMAZING and unprecedented events!
After months of seemingly endless campaigning, we have finally found a candidate we can support: click here to read more.
New Moons, Full Moons, and 2016 in General
For those interested, here is a list of New Moons for 2016, and here is a list of Full Moons for 2016. For more information about the change of seasons in general, including the upcoming Summer Solstice, click here. You may also be interested in Rare and Absent Patterns for 2016.
You can also find a comprehensive review of Moon’s aspects, void of course, and other events at “This Week in Astrology.”
Our Other Sites
- Mystic Rectangles: weekly (Sunout) and monthly (Marsout) aspectarians and low volume of posts; excellent for subscriptions; best fit for astrology for mobile devices.
- Lost Dudeist Astrology: a potpourri of articles that range from the absurd to the sublime that typically cover astrology but sometimes other topics as well. Grand Trines sticks to current astrological events and forecasts whereas LDA has astrological theory, Tarot, opinions, and so forth.
- Weekly Forecasts is just what the name says: weekly forecasts posted once a week for the upcoming week with some reblogs of similar material from other bloggers.
You may also be interested in the reblogs of content by other astrologers on the posts page. We are working on a project on Long Term Forecasts. Frankly, we do not expect to complete this project in our lifetime. Your feedback, as we go, is appreciated.
Click -> here <-
Other Interesting and Useful Pages
- Election Day 2016 (USA)
- An analysis of Election Day 2016 by Clarissa / Viva Combusta
- 2016 Overview (contains the next few links)
- 2016 Change of Seasons and Cross Quarter Days
- 2016 Full Moons
- 2016 New Moons
- 2016 Mercury Ingresses and Stations
- Politicians of Interest (2015 and 2016)
- SUMO (Strategic Use of Multiple Oracles)
- Long Term Forecasts
- Neptune Sextile Pluto (1800 to 2050)
- Void Of Course Moon Periods
- Today’s Transits (external site)
- A list of upcoming transits (exte
One of the sites we follow has been using “Profected Houses” to analyze politicians in the United States race for President. Here is a table that you may find useful if you are interested in applying that method to yourself (or others):
Many thanks to the site Tableizer which helped make preparing the abover table MUCH easier!
Notes: (1) EST: add one hour; (2) PST: subtract two hours; (3) for UTC and other zones, try this.