Tags: Chiron, DarkOfMoon, FullMoon, Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, mercury neptune sun moon leo cancer aquarius inconjunct, Moon, Neptune, Pluto, Saturn, Sun, Uranus, Venus
General Predictions for 2008, August
1. August starts with a New Moon in Leo. The event is usually auspicious, but it is spoiled this time by a pair of inconjuncts that do not form a Yod. Namely, Mars (Planet of War) in Virgo (Sign of Healing) creates false hopes by its interactions with Chiron (Planet of Healing) in Aquarius (Sign of “The People”). Once again, this means you cannot believe what you hear at this time about War & Peace.
Virgo applies to finances and especially accounting, so be wary of someone cooking the books, particularly if a lawsuit is involved. Moon (The Feminine, and ruler of things Domestic) is in Leo (The Masculine, and also Leadership) and (1) Inconjunct Jupiter (Growth) in Capricorn (Corporations) and (2) opposite Chiron (Planet of Healing) in Aquarius (The People). More signs to be wary of whatever propaganda the Financial Sector is publishing. Privately, wait a few days (at least til Monday) to start any new ventures.
2. More Inconjuncts show overnight (Mercury to Jupiter and Moon to Uranus). Mercury’s additional inconjunct to Jupiter confirms yesterday’s suspicions re: things financial.
The Moon’s aspect to Uranus points out what might be called a “Yod by Sign.” Yods are always about decisions and the dissatisfaction that follows. In this, a decision must be made between that which is surprising & attractive and that which represents stable growth (maybe a little boring). No matter which you choose, you’ll yearn for the other.
My advice: opt for the more conservative path here. If you are given a choice between entering film school and a good MBA program, this is one time you’d better opt for the MBA. Also, this would be a good weekend for a “Independent Film” (“Art House”) to try to cross over into the mainstream. It has the potential to be a blockbuster hit.
Saturday evening, the Moon crosses from Leo into Virgo. Quiet dates are the best here, and this really sets the stage for Sunday.
3. The rules of some say to never do business on Sunday. If that’s your rule, then maybe you should make an exception. “About” 6PM EDT, will be a good time to propose some kind of business venture or career change. The Moon is still a little young, so some details may have to be worked out.
Separating influences aren’t generally good, but here you should pick a time for your proposal to “peak” sometime within the first hour after Sunset. (That’s a Jupiter-Jupiter Hour, one of the luckiest of the week.) The earlier part of Sunday is constrained, so even with three Leo planets try not to push too hard before Noon.
4. Monday is an active day involving Moon, Chiron, Neptune, and Uranus. The false hopes of Friday continue unabated, so be careful. Moon Squares Pluto just after 8PM EDT, so the business day will likely end with a power struggle. Money may pass hands in investments that aren’t the best.
Generally, however, the arts may be favored. So, this could be a good day for you if you are a photographer, writer, or other artist. You might even get funding for a pet project.
5. If we Cinco de Mayo, then why don’t we have Cinco de Agosto? I don’t know either, but Venus Trine Pluto made for a sexy night (and at least a few women (or men) being conned by their partner du jour). The rest of the day isn’t as active as Monday or Wednesday, so maybe you needed a rest.
Venus is void most of the day, another warning sign re: finances. (For some others, the issues may not be financial at all. Health issues may have popped up. If so, see a professional, but try not to make rash decisions if at all avoidable.) This is a good day to lay low or even “take off.”
6. Wednesday is full tilt again, so you better be well rested. In the early hours Mercury (communications) incojuncts Uranus (surprises in Pisces, the sign of illusions & inspiration).
So, as Jim Shawvan pens in the Daily Planetary Guide, you’ll “feel either inspired or confused.” The Sun also picks up the Inconjunct with Jupiter that the Mercury had with Jupiter on Saturday, so, again, opt for the conservative choice here. If you already did that, you can continue. If you didn’t, this may be your best chance to “jump ship.” Stop the bleeding now.
If you are “accident prone,” then this day is your worst nightmare. Stay indoors. Better yet, stay in bed.
Some artists (photographers, film-makers, writers, etc.) will receive PROFOUND inspiration today. Make certain to harness that. If you need to take the day off from the office and go home to finish your novel, then please do so. (Don’t QUIT your job; just take a day off.)
Lotto Winners: If you won Saturday or tonight: don’t be stupid with your money. This is especially important for YOU. No, and I mean NO bird-brained schemes, especially if cooked up by a relative.
Put it all in a trust designed by a trustworthy lawyer who specializes in that area, and have it benefit you and your loved ones over time. You can be trustee, but you need to invest it in a VERY conservative investment, such as Blue Chip Stocks. No more gambles.
If you are a compulsive gambler, NOW is the time to quit (if you didn’t already on Saturday).
7. Everything shifts today. Scammers can be uncovered and exposed. If you did succumb to that “great deal” then today is a good day to scrutinize it hard and investigate. Some of you may need to get the police involved.
If you are elderly and someone is trying to swindle you out of your life savings, today is THE day to stop the bleeding and call the authorities. (I don’t mean you should WAIT until today, but I do mean you need to do it TODAY if you haven’t done so already.)
Artists may come to realize, on this day, how important it was to NOT share their work earlier in the week. If you showed unfinished work, then you may be feeling some pain today as you realize, for example, someone else has stolen your idea and may be about to profit from it. Keep everything hush-hush until time to publish, show, or whatever.
Every year in Leo this Scorpio Moon represents a turning point. It is especially important to some because Leo and Scorpio (together) are the signs of royalty. Special secrets can be revealed to you today, if you have eyes to see and ears to listen.
8. The turning points of the week may culminate for some. Mars forms an Inconjunct to Neptune, tying more false hopes into Monday’s misleading promises. Please don’t continue to be taken. You can choose today, more so than other times, because the T-Square between Sun in Leo, Moon in Scorpio, and Chiron in Aquarius will MAKE the “still small voice” in your head speak.
You’ll feel compelled to act, and you should heed your conscience and prudence.
Outside of astrology, today is what some call the 8:8:8 StarGate. Opinions vary on the significance of that, but if you follow numerology then today is a very, very important day. I’ll add that the Chinese, and some other groups, consider “8” to be the most lucky or “auspicious” number. “9” is unlucky to this group; “7” and below are “incomplete.” YMMV (Your mileage may vary.)
Even among people who are total atheists (but number fanatics), postmarks on this date are a favorite (collectors’ items, of sorts).
9. This past week was all about “decision making,” and some of them were Big Decisions. Students may have contemplated last minute entry into school. (Do I work or do I go to school?) Others were tempted by “Get Rich Quick” schemes. Still others had other decisions, such as whether to follow a prudent medical course or a more risky one. (I’d only advocate the risky courses to those who have little to lose. If you have cancer, then maybe you should opt for the experimental drug this week.)
Like so many Saturdays, this is an R&R day. You might have “words” with someone about 2PM Eastern, but you’ll discover that this squabble can lead to an improved situation. Both of you will be tempted to lie and deceive, but for different reasons. The deal you strike will tend to be lasting, and it will have a “fated” quality to it. Could you have decided differently?
Effectively, after 2PM Eastern, Mercury will be void until Sunday morning. Until “about” Tuesday or so, communications may be a little confused as Mercury moves through an area known as “too early to tell.”
For those in the U.S., a brief void will hit between 5p Eastern (2p PDT) and 7p (4p). Just lay low. Moon moves into Sadge, a good time for overnight trips, working with animals (such as horseback rides), and telling each other all kinds of tall tales that may or may not be true. Unless Moon in Sadge disfavors you, this will be a good evening. (Just don’t buy any used cars.)
10. Early Sunday morning in the U.S., and by Noon in the UK, Mercury moves into Virgo. Debates exist as to whether this is good or not. Mercury “co-rules” both Gemini and Virgo in the traditional model.
Some moderns say Mercury should NOT rule Virgo. Why? Because both Gemini and Mercury are very quick; in fact both are associated with “QuickSilver.” But although Virgo has mercurial properties, it tends to be methodical and plodding.
Gemini can develop entirely plausible stories off the top of its head (hence its association with liars and thieves), but Virgo tends to move step by agonizing step. (Okay, I’ll admit, not all Virgos match “their sign.” This would be especially true of the Virgo who acts like a Leo, and (surprise, surprise!) has a four planet stellium in Leo. But, I digress.)
Whatever your opinion, this period through August 28th will be one where you’d better “cross every ‘T’ and dot every ‘I’.” The energy promotes that kind of thing, and if you don’t you’ll regret it.
Moon squares Saturn (I want to go on vacation; we CAN’T, we don’t have the money) and Sun opposes Chiron today. If you haven’t made a family budget and made medical appointments, then you should consider this.
Also, remember all those squabbles around Father’s Day and the 4th of July? They just might be revisited today….
11. Despite a surprise mid-Afternoon (on the East Coast) or about 9pm UK, today is mostly feel good and a good day to get things done. That’s especially true if you are a fire sign.
This is a Moon Trine Sun day, and you only get two of those per lunar cycle. Despite two squares, this is a VERY good day to launch short to medium term projects. Despite the energy being “fire,” I like this for certain kinds of purchases, such as watches and electronics.
This is THE day to buy a new grill or stove. Also, a good day to buy gifts. (As long as the recipient wants what you have to offer.) (Today favors the following signs (Fire & Air): Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sadge, & Aquarius)
Later tonight, avoid a squabble. (Did you buy a shotgun for your wife? Did she buy a fur coat for you?) It might seem “big” at this time, but it isn’t. You won’t remember it in a year, maybe not even in a month.
12. The energy totally shifts yet remains the same. How?
Today’s energy is even smoother than yesterday’s energy, but it tends to favor earth and water rather than fire and air. (So, today favors: Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn, and Pisces.)
Today particularly favors Virgo & Capricorn. For most, this will be a “feel good” day, and it’s powerful energy for lasting change is easily squandered on the meaningless. But, if you really do need to take a break, then take a break.
Today will be excellent for purchase of tangible items, including homes and real estate. Not as good for gadgets, electronics, and cell phones as yesterday. Regardless of what you buy, avoid debt if at all possible. (Use cash.)
13. Yesterday’s energy continues, even stronger, but vanishes by sunset. You can get a “second bite at the apple” if you need it, but not after dark.
14. How can such WONDERFUL energy turn to mud? It is all part of the process of cycles. Okay, if you didn’t get it done, then I won’t say “I told you so.” Strike that. I DID tell you. If you deferred til today, then dump it. It wasn’t meant to be. The afternoon is void (UK = the evening is void) and “nothing will come of it.”
If you did make your purchases, or “get the job done,” or both, you might have an annoying surprise today. Here is one of the few times I’d advise you to KEEP the item. You made a legitimate purchase (as long as none of it was subsequent to last week’s inconjuncts), and you can either work out or live with the “bugs” in this case. Just let that “buyer’s remorse” pass you by. The six hour void on this date, from 1p EDT to 7p EDT, is very good for athletes, just as long as they don’t have heatstroke or some similar emergency. (That’s a real possibility here in Dallas.)
15. The Ides of Leo. Is it really? I’m not sure. But, I’ve noted over the years that August 15th tends to be a “power day.” It isn’t particularly “good” or “bad,” but disasters do tend to happen from now to the 17th. I suspect it is related to the nearing of a fixed star called “Regulus.” Think about how YOU want to use today’s energy. You will have to make a decision; you can’t avoid it. Even “not deciding” is, itself, a decision. (Abdication is invariably the WRONG decision on this date, by the way.)
The Aquarian Moon makes a series of Inconjuncts today. You’ll have to decide between being a detail oriented bureaucrat, a functionary who is determined to “establish firm boundaries” and being an innovator and person on the people who can see the big picture. I’m sad to say that you’ll be at least a little disappointed no matter which one you choose. If you are earth / water, you should opt for being detailed oriented and drawing the line. If you are fire / air, you’ll want to opt for being the visionary.
Sun Opp Neptune will mean that this will be a “low energy” day for many. Summer colds may peak. Artists may build even more profound insights based on their earlier work. Some psychics may release bold predictions that prove to be accurate. This is a good day for a movie to open.
For almost everyone, the moon is effectively full tonight. (Waxing Full.) Think about what you want to grow. I hope you’ve launched it earlier this week, because today’s inconjuncts make such a launch more difficult. Tonight is about dreaming and visualization (US & UK)
16. The moon will be full again tonight, but this time it will be waning. Today is VERY complex. For people in the UK, they get one last SUPER “launch” day before about 11pm. Not so in the U.S.; the window will have passed by today. In general, UK & Europe (overall) will be favored over US on this day. (Some days are like that.) For the US, “things” get a little ugly late at night; for the UK & Europe this same energy hits circa 8am. This is “Mars Square Pluto.” Being Mars (War & violence) Square (a squabble, disagreement, or fight) Pluto (Intelligence Agencies, Poison, Assassination, & Spys), it actually affects a period from Thursday through about Tuesday.
This could be a night where some bar fights go terribly, terribly wrong. Stay home.
17. Moon enters Pisces early morning hours US & about 9am in UK. Mars Square Pluto is in full force in both places, and the terrible fight is characterized by the confusion and (misplaced) idealism of a Piscean Moon. I think this would be a GREAT day to HIDE! 🙂
Mercury Trines Jupiter after dark in US and wee hours of Monday in UK. This COULD bring about a little healing if both parties are genuine and not still trying to undercut each other. BUT, deception is in the air again. Go slow. Take today off. And, don’t get mad in traffic.
18. Today is characterized by oppositions, but they aren’t bad ones. If you avoided the serious conflict late Saturday / early Sunday, then today is the day to take what you launched last week (US, UK, & Europe) or Saturday (UK & Europe, only) and “make it so.” Today is a “work day,” to be sure, but you can get things done. So, do it.
19. A Sun Moon Inconjunct, followed by Mars entry into Libra (a bad place for it), and Moon entering Aries (Mars Home) and opposing Mars make this an unpleasant day. If you didn’t feel the aftershocks from Mars/Pluto yesterday, then you’ll feel them today.
20. This day has “Yod” written all over it. Multiple Yods in many ways. I’ll leave it as an exercise for the reader to count how many. The point is, once again, decisions face us. REALLY BIG decisions could face us today. Whatever happened over the weekend, we have to deal with it now. And, you can’t put this one off, either.
21. Today is all about a Grand Fire Trine. Remember the last one of those? Actually, this is very similar to “The Fire Kite of Friday June 27th 2008” Remember that time? What were you doing then? What worked right for you? What did you do wrong? Same deal today, but this one is even stronger. You’ll also feel that this one seems a bit “fated,” as if you HAD to do it. Free will is always present, but sometimes moreso than others. This is one where it isn’t quite as strong. By 1pm Eastern, and 6p UK, it is all over. So, you have to “seize the day” this morning. At least that is true for fire & air signs. Also, the Sun goes void at this point.
After 3pm Eastern and 8p UK, all this shifts into another “Earth Kite” such as the one on June 28th of this year. Suddenly Earth and Water come to power. Regardless, this is the last full day of Sun in Leo this year.
22. Between 8a and 1p Eastern, some excellent opportunities arise. These are Earth Opportunities but they are attenuated a bit because the Sun went Void yesterday about 1p Eastern. Solar voids aren’t discussed as much as lunar voids, but they tend to have a similar effect. So, decide carefully whether you want to risk these “oppotunities” or not. Small risks, especially if short-term in nature, will probably work. But this is NOT a time to start large projects, especially if long-term in nature. If you must work today, then use this time to clean up the office and maybe shop for small items for the office.
23. This is the first full day in Virgo, and I see it as extra-ordinarily complex. Jim Shawvan claims an opportunity period exists between Noon & 3p Eastern. I question that because today looks so “messy.” If you are “back to school” shopping, do it in the morning (before 5p UK). After that, everything changes. Moon moves into Gemini, and a bit of conflict is at play. Today will tend to favor shoppers and disfavor sellers. Sales may be disappointing despite the fact that many will urgently need to make purchases.
The Mercury / Neptune Inconjunct this evening isn’t very good to anyone, even the artists that need Mercury / Neptune aspects. Tell your sweetheart that you really love them, but you need a little “alone time.” No anger; no fights; just “alone time.” Best use of this evening to write extensively in your journal. What has this month been like? What did you get done? How would you do it differently next month? Next year?
24. Almost all inconjuncts and squares today. Beware tricksters & thieves. You might want to write a few paper-based letters today, but don’t seal them or mail them yet. Stay away from e-mail & text, no matter how you are tempted. You need a day off from that stuff, anyway.
25. Another day of squares. You’ll feel compelled to “get things done.” You can. You probably will feel irritable as you do get things done, but you’ll feel even more irritable if you don’t.
This is a VERY good day to pay bills. Get them off your desk and gone. Make a budget for next month if you haven’t done so already. Some of you will have to buy a new cell phone today because the old one breaks or otherwise becomes unusable.
If school started for you this week, I can understand why you are irritable. Yes, most of them ARE jerks. “Things” will get better tomorrow.
26. If you are a Leo, I want to let you down by saying that you need to let someone else have the spotlight today. Mom’s and students discuss problems, and some parent-teacher meetings are held IMMEDIATELY because of yesterday’s bullying. This does need to be done. If at all possible, “nip it in the bud,” because it grows bigger or worse. (Mom’s have a LOT of power today, if they wish.)
For the rest of us, take it easy today. Fur is flying in some circles.
27. The moon activates the Yod involving Pluto (War) and Neptune / Chiron (dreams, healing). Mercury squares Pluto much later, and angry words almost cannot be avoided. In fact, they probably need to be spoken. Today is dangerous. This is the day that the bully’s drunken wife-beating father comes to school to find out “who’s picking on his son.” If you suspect this could be true AT ALL, please have the police present and ready. Put the b*stard in jail for as long as possible. Make CERTAIN that you “press charges.” And, witnesses are important. Mercury goes void later tonight.
If you are NOT directly involved with the brewing drama of the past few days, then you can have a pleasant day today. You should try to get a few things done.
28. For many people, the storm of the past few days has ended. Today feels like a “let down.” So, don’t push too hard. Today will reveal to you what you need to know. 11P Eastern (4a UK), Mercury enters Libra and “too early to tell” through the end of August.
29. Venus Squares Pluto (6a Eastern; 11a UK). Venus is void after this.
It isn’t over yet, Mom. This is a time when you need to persist. You may even need to consider resorting to the court system. If you don’t have an attorney, then you can turn to other sources, such as Legal Aid or the ACLU (or UK equivalent).
If you have just gotten out of an abusive situation, I’d recommend that you NOT contact the abuser at this time. Do remember that, because Venus is void, some things done today might have to be “re-done” later.
You need some breathing room, and you’ll find at least a few points in this day to do just that. Today is a good day to clean out and discard the old.
This is a night to visualize what you want from your life.
30. Moon enters Virgo; Venus enters Libra. Moon is VERY old, and you can do especially strong work in terms of cleaning out and throwing away up until about 4p Eastern / 9p UK. Tonight isn’t a “bad” night, but if you’ve had a tough week then you should rest. Given a choice in the matter, you should dream tonight.
31. Much has transpired lately. If you can take today off, then do so. For those who MUST work, they may find today a bit “irritable.” This is a day when criticism flows easily, much too easily.
Tags: mercury neptune sun moon leo cancer aquarius inconjunct
Sun Enters Leo
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 Sun Enters Leo. The horary astrologers quote someone, William Lily I believe, as saying that the first three degrees are “too early to tell.” Although not a void (“nothing will come of this”), the “too early to tell” period can be “void-like” if you are living through it. So, what does that mean?
Practically, it means that the period from July 22nd to July 24th may not bear precisely the fruit you expect, and it is a period that neither I nor any other astrologer or oracle can reliably predict. Certainly if enough monkeys are on typewriters SOMEONE will get it right, but it is a tough period to read.
That said, Tuesday is a good day for productivity, but expect some surprises. If you are a Scorpio Sun or Moon, you might could win the Lotto today or at least be offered an “interesting” opportunity that could be a good one. Just remember “it is too early to tell.”
This day generally favors water signs (and to a lesser degree earth). Despite the fact that the Sun entered Leo, most of the aspects are favorable to water.
For ALL Leos, you are now in your Solar 12th house. If you’ve read my earlier posts where I mention this for Cancer, you know what this means. And, also, even though Leo is fire and Cancer is water, this tends to be a STRONG period for Cancerians. If you are a Cancer you can make things rock. But, Leo needs to “lay low.”
For everyone: Wednesday is an odd mix, to be certain.
Moon Trine Sun happens twice a month, and it gives most of us a “breather” from the tougher aspects. But, this one is spoiled by the Mercury / Neptune inconjunct.
Mercury = thinking, communications, speech, written word, transportation, and a bit of temper sometimes. Neptune, in the negative, is drugs, alcohol, addiction, laziness, illness, and delusion. In the positive it is harmony, music, poetry, and sometimes the most profound insight.
Today, Mercury and Neptune are like two people at a party who don’t understand each, don’t really like each other, but are pretending to be nice. The net result is dissatisfaction for both sides. This is a good day to avoid taking ANY side, if possible.
Aries: wait til Thursday then try to get everything IMPORTANT done on that day.
Taurus: like Aries, but you must wait til Friday. You continue to be strong despite some irritability from the Leo Sun. Use that energy to get things done.
Gemini: Tuesday is okay for you, but Wednesday is not. Even though you are typically the trickster, the joke could be on you this week. “Things” improve after Wednesday, but the Mercury Inconjunct of that day will continue to be an irritant.
Cancer: You are in great shape. Thursday may prove irritable for you. If you have an Aries friend, let them get things done for you. The Wednesday Inconjunct is unpleasant for you, too. (But not as bad as Gemini.)
Leo: Lay low. If you MUST do something, do it Thursday. Otherwise, lay low.
Virgo: Your Solar 12 House approacheth. Better get things done. Best day for you is Friday, but Tuesday works, too. Wednesday isn’t quite as hard as you. If you are an August Virgo, your solar 12th house is close; you’ll enter it 30 days before your birthday.
Libra: Read Aries. You feel Wednesday in an odd way. You don’t need to be involved if you can avoid it. Watch the spectacle despite the temptation. Next Monday is better for you.
Scorpio: Leo irritates you, but this period tends to favor you. Tuesday is VERY good. Please do seize any opportunity here as long as it is COMPLETE on Tuesday. Wednesday, things turn to mud. Skip Thursday and come back online Friday. Saturday can be very good, also.
Sadge: Pluto continues to bedevil you. No matter how much you try to control, it seems to slip away. You’re tending to act more like a Scorpio than the Scorpios are. Maybe they can help. Thursday is your day this week.
Capricorn: Read Cancer. Transiting Jupiter saves your day, and Tuesday is okay. Wednesday is not; if you see an Aquarian in trouble you might can get quite a bit of loyalty if you help them. Friday and Saturday are best for you.
Aquarius: Tuesday is fine, but you MUST look at your health. Maybe time to call the doc and get a checkup? Thursday is your day this week. Also, you are beginning to take a hard look at partnership issues, and this is likely to continue until “about” Friday, August 22nd.
Pisces: You, too, have a bit of an opportunity on Tuesday. Surprises tend to be pleasant. Expect the unexpected. Then, lay low til Friday, when you are strong again.
Tags: Chiron, Mercury, Pluto, Predictions, Sun, Yods
Following on a suggestion from a pal, I’ll will probably switch to a monthly format for predictions. In that way, I can “do my duty” to my readers in a single marathon session. Then, through the month, I can “punctuate” my predictions with various entries and observations.
Today has a number of interesting aspects, and at least two of them might form a yod. Sun is inconjunct Pluto, and Mercury is inconjunct Chiron. The three signs involved are Cancer (Sun + Mercury), Sadge (Pluto), and Aquarius (Chiron). Most people say that the planet in Cancer would have to be a SINGLE planet (or two or more in tight conjunction. Mercury is “near” the Sun, but not quite so tight.
I believe that, sometimes, configurations like these can still make a statement. This would be particularly true if your Sun or Moon is in Cancer, Sadge, or Aquarius. AND it would be true for the opposing signs: Gemini, Leo, and Capricorn. (That’s half the Zodiac.)
Sun and Mercury are so familiar that I won’t dig into them, but Pluto and Chiron are worthy of examination. They will continue to speak to this same issue for some time to come: a choice between power (and a consquent expulsive kind of healing, similar to lancing a boil) and healing (through teaching and mentoring and a consequent convalescence that is more gradual).
Though I don’t really like to talk politics, I think this is about the choice between peace and war. AND, since Yod’s have ways of producing an inherent disatisfaction and “I told you so” kind of attitude, this speaks to the obvious. That is, regardless of whether war or peace is chosen, discontent will continue. Maybe the only “real” choice is what variant of discontent do we want to live with.
Moon in Pisces opposes Saturn in Virgo “about” 9:30 CDT (okay, Daily Planetary says 925 CDT) or early afternoon in Great Britain. Generally, this aspect also lights up tensions between work and play, and may even tie into resentments against power brokers (Pluto in Sadge). For many of us, we’ll want to play but have to work. Even if we do work, we’ll find it difficult to pay attention to details.
So, what will your decision be today?
Tags: activations, conjunction, DFW, Financial, inconjunct, inner-planet, inner-planet-activations, Jupiter, lewi, Mars, Metroplex, Neptune, Saturn, t-square, Venus
July 7th to July 13th of 2008
My short vacation was good. I hope yours was, too.
Predictions by Sign
You are the missing piece of the puzzle on Wednesday. Whether others realize it or not, you are the “goto” person. Your leadership makes a big difference. Things get tough Thursday, but you are still strong. Take time Friday to rethink your position. (You don’t have to quit, but you might want to adjust your strategy). Saturday can be a fun day for you. Take easy on Sunday.
Big money can be made Wednesday, but watch the spending. Thursday is tough for most people but could favor you, especially if you are the voice of prudence. Friday and Saturday are about planning the next two weeks. Divide these in half: up to July 18th (grow things) and the week past July 18th (shrink things).
Weren’t you already busy enough in June? You are back to your usual job of communications (and transportation) central. Tuesday is unpleasant for you, but Wednesday is better. I don’t know what “it” is, but don’t even THINK about “it” on Thursday. The Virgos well beat you. Friday and Saturday make you think, but don’t pin your hopes on those ideas. Sunday evening and the following Monday will be better, or at least you can straighten things out if necessary.
Have you had your birthday yet? If so, you’ll probably survive this week well. Thursday is tough for everyone, but you can handle it better than most as long as you didn’t overdo things on Wednesday. Friday and Saturday will serve you well, but wrap things up before Sunday morning. Sunday AM things change, and probably not in your favor.
Haven’t had your birthday yet? Still time to lay low. You need a day off anyway. Go on vacation.
Less than 30 days to your birthday? Read the part of Cancer that says “Still time to lay low.” Clean up & wrap up but please don’t try to launch. If you MUST start negotiations, then do so; just know that things WILL change.
More than 30 days to your birthday: Wednesday favors you heavily. But you MUST COMPLETE what you start on Wednesday. If it spills over into Thursday, all bets are off. So, keep the projects small and focused on Wednesday. Avoid whatever is offered on Thursday. The Scorpios win on Friday and Saturday, so don’t challenge them. Anyway, despite your natural conflict, SOMEtimes they are your best friends. After all, you are both the most royal of signs. You might even find romance with one. (Note: this is dangerous for you.)
Nothing matters but Thursday. To be sure, you might have SOME advantage on Wednesday, but Thursday is the key. Whatever happens on Thursday will “set the stage” for you for as long as the next two years, maybe longer. So, if you know what is coming, please do prepared. (You are very good at preparing, so that shouldn’t be TOO difficult.)
One other thing: if this is “long term,” then you need to have the first phase, or launch, wrapped up before solar Leo starts (about July 22nd).
Take this week off. No, really! No kidding. You can have fun on Wednesday, and you can lay low on Thursday (what an awful day for you). Friday and Saturday are better days for you, as long as you didn’t screw up on Thursday. Sunday will go well, too. You’ll be ready to go again next Monday.
Nobody else likes this kind of Mars-Saturn stuff. You thrive on it, unless your moon is in Libra or some similar situation. Let’s face it, when the going gets tough, you get going. Most people will find their opportunity this week on Wednesday, but yours might start on Thursday, with potent follow through on Friday and Saturday. “Despite your better judgment,” rescue a Leo; you’ll feel better about it later.
Some of you are really going to feel like hurting someone. Tuesday has nuisances, followed by feel-good Wednesday. Then all hell breaks loose on Thursday. You probably couldn’t hold your tongue even if I begged you. Just remember that the ramifications might be very long term. Take the weekend off; you need the R&R. Stay home.
Much like Scorpio, you’ll have massive opportunities this week. That is, once you get over being as angry as Sadge. Do NOT let this energy express as anger; turn it into “right action” instead and it will pay superb dividends. SOME of you will find Thursday to be a turning point that you NEEDED, even if it is unpleasant for most people, including you. Once you are jump-started, anything is possible. (Jupiter favors you this year.)
Read Leo, except for the birthday part. This just isn’t the best week for you. Thursday is awful, and even though you THINK that you UNDERSTAND what is going on / what went on, you don’t. Nobody is trying to deceive you (any more than any other day), but you just can’t really dial into this Virgo / Cancer weirdness. (Weird to you, anyway.) Regardless, you may be faced with a tough decision, and, alas, I can’t tell you which one to pick. (Chances are that it will be between work & family, though.)
Read Virgo. Also, know that, unlike Virgo, your playful nature might give you the greatest advantage this week, even over Cap, Taurus, and Virgo. You can read between the lines where others can’t.
Other sources of predictions:
Predictions by Day of Week
The *BIG* event this week is Mars (Virgo) conjunct Saturn (Virgo). This marks a new Mars/Saturn cycle, and that stirs up the financial markets (as if they needed any more). The shakeup probably will not be as big as a Jupiter / Saturn transit, but SOMEthing will happen, probably Thursday.
Venus Inconjunct Neptune. Watch out for deceipt. Purchases may not be what you expect them to be. Once spent, money is not easily retrieved.
This day is characterized by lunar squares that annoy most of us. If you were born “about” the 27th or 28th of most months, you might receive (or have to send) an irritating or annoying communication. A flat tire may hit a few of you during rush hour. Those of you born near the “cusp” of a sign (the “Am I Leo or Am I Virgo?” guys), will feel a tug at your ongoing power struggles. A big picture viewpoint says Tuesday might have a surprise in store for us on the political scene. (One of a series.)
I don’t want to crow too loudly, but note that some of my earlier predictions re: the financial markets have tended to be on target. (Refer to Uranus Retrograde Redux) suggested a surprise followed by continued aftershocks in the Financial Sector. (A few comments: AP: “It’s unusual to see a drop-off like that” and Forbes “established a new closing low for 2008.”)
A bit of some kind of annoyance may be felt here, on Tuesday. I don’t know if this will be an “activator” (of a larger move) or just a “minor correction.” I’ll guess 60% in favor of the latter.
Sun Opposes Jupiter, and Moon Squares both of them! Spend, spend, spend.
The market might rally on this day. (Nothing like a little good news.) Bulls rejoice.
Okay, I don’t know how to say it, but this is a “feel good” day. So, take the time to “feel good.” Just don’t overdo it. (Thursday cometh.)
But, for those who do not spend, spend, spend, others some will eat, eat, eat. You are on a diet, and your office goes for delivered Pizza this day.
The alcohlics and addicts will be tempted to overindulge this day.
The “missing” point in this T-Square is in Aries. This “missing point” lossely corresponds to “about” April 7th. That period of April / Aries appears to be important to the U.S., so expect some kind of political news. With Jupiter involved, and The Lights, it will sound BIG at the time, but it is part of a much larger pattern that will culminate in October/November/December of this year. (So, it could be election related.)
If your birthday is between the 7th and 9th of the month you were born, this could be a BIG day for you. Just make certain it is money COMING IN rather than money GOING OUT. And, don’t overindulge in anything.
Also, (especially if your birthday is between the 7th and the 9th) this is a good night to go to church / temple / mosque (or your choice of service) if you haven’t been in a while. (If you are some kind of Fundamentalist, you won’t be able to tell the preacher that you read this blog, however! 🙂 ) This could be a very spiritual day for some. If you are not a member of an organized faith, please do take some time to practice whatever brings you the greatest sense of peace and enlightenment.
Note that in an earlier article, we mentioned that “April 9th” kinds of dates tend to interact with Mugabe. Don’t be surprised if some kind of event involving him happens on Wednesday (the activating T-Square) or Thursday (Mars Conjunct Saturn). This date is also associated with events involving the U.S. (Fort Sumter and Appamatox; the beginning and end of the Civil War). I don’t THINK the U.S. will go into Zimbabwe, but stranger things have happened.
This is such an EXTREMELY COMPLICATED day that I hesitate to even attempt to describe it.
Mars makes its “routine” conjunction with Saturn (usually “about” every two years). This is a tough aspect; be careful what you say or start today. Projects or jobs started today will tend to require IMMENSE amounts of work and may not be lasting. Those that do last will tend to be characterized with “difficulty.”
Okay, maybe I’m totally wrong. Maybe “International Happiness Day” will be a success.
Historically, though, events with this kind of energy don’t wear well. They will LOOK lasting, but they usually are NOT lasting. “Grant Lewi (Astrology for the Millions) viewed the squares and the opposition in this cycle as periods when we’re likely to come a cropper if we push our luck too far. ” Thursday is a conjunction, not a square or opposition, but the theme is the same: tread carefully.
People born around the 27th to 29th of each month will be most greatly affected by this energy. Some dates related to this transit: March 14, 2008; May 10th through 14th of 2008; September 7th to 9th of 2008; October 30th to November 1st of 2008; and December 15th to 17th of 2008.
Please look at the March and May dates to see what, if anything happened to you during this period. See if a related event occurs this Wednesday to Saturday (July 9th to 12th). If so, you might want to note the upcoming future dates on your calendar. I encourage you to track this and give me feedback.
Note also, today will have Mercury Opposite Pluto then transit into Cancer. This is anotther “Terms of Mars” placement and favors violent people, liars, and cheats. (I think I’m staying home today, if at all possible.)
A “Finger of God” appears, with the Sun & Venus together. The Sun (visible personality) is inconjunct Chiron (healing), and Venus (Values) is Inconjunct Pluto (power struggles; Terms of Mars). This “Finger of God” energy is very clear in its message: get honest (Sun / Chiron) or continue to suffer (Venus / Pluto). The choice is yours, and plenty will choose to suffer rather than give up some sliver of power held by deceit.
Hiding is very difficult Thursday, but it is more possible on this day, so you might use this as a day to “regroup” and maybe “make a decision” about what you will do next.
The Moon is in Scorpio and Venus is in Leo. This is a good day to spend with people you love. It could be a very Hot Romance day.
A Grand Water Trine exists, and this is another Kite with Wednesday’s Jupiter Opposition to the Sun still effective. SOME people will make a GREAT DEAL OF MONEY on this day. This is definitely a “play the lotto” day for someone. Everyone can have fun if you avoid sensitive subjects, wounded people, and professional victims. Stay away from the whiners and you’ll have a good time.
Sunday morning is a void, so just lay low and let the messages come to you. The moon CAN “performeth” in Scorpio, but unless that part of the Zodiac favors you, you should just use this time to center yourself. Sunday afternoon has the potential to be especially pleasant, but by the evening the energies become irritable again.
Sun, Mercury, and Venus are very active this month. Some people may experience routine events, others slightly more profound shakeups (maybe a job change), and still others still more profound shakeups (birth or death or something equally earth-shaking). All of this depends on whether, for example, the Venus-Neptune inconjunct of July 7th is “just an event for you,” or whether it activates one or more planets in your natal chart.
Venus / Neptune Activations
For example, consider that each of these planets is at 23 degrees, you might feel this aspect if you were born on a Full or New Moon on any of these birthdates: January 14th, February 13th, March 14th, April 13th, May 14th, June 14th, July 16th, August 16th, September 16th, October 17th, November 16th or December 15th. Born on a Full or New Moon on these days, or with other planets at 23 degrees (maybe Mercury or Venus?), and you’ll likely have a “big shakeup” on or about Monday July 7th.
If you read my piece on “Inner Planet Activators,” then you’ll know that the bad day might be Sunday or Tuesday. And, you might be affected if, say, your birthday is July 15th. Some variability exists due to different factors (leap years affecting the calendar, for example).
Mars-Saturn Conjunction of July 10th 2008
First of all, the chart (set in DFW, of course).
First: credit where credit is due: chart was produced with Astro123.
I don’t usually get involved with local politics, and I’m not going to start now. But this chart says SOMETHING big is happening (politically) in the DFW Metroplex. The Moon is on the Ascendant, and both are pretty much on top of Spica (a benevolent fixed star). The Mars-Saturn conjunction is in the 11th house of friends & politics (and sometimes bribery). So, SOMEthing big is happening in the Metroplex.
July of 2008, in general, has quite a bit of Inner Planet Activation stirring things up. The Mars-Saturn conjunction of July 10th will revisit us several times this year. As noted earlier, people, places, and things associated with dates “about” the 27th to 29th of the month will be affected by this conjunction. Specifically, this is at Five (5) degrees of Virgo. This event will be a bit painful for Libra natives (particularly those born after September 28th) since it will be a 12th Solar House event. If you are born on this date, do NOT commit to anything new on or about July 10th.
Virgo, Sadge, Pisces, and Gemini will all feel this. A quick synopsis:
September 28th to October 28th
This event corresponds to a birthdate of September 28th. If you are born on that date, your outcome is unclear. (You are on a cusp) for this event. Otherwise, for those later in this grouping, this is a 12th house event which is unpleasant for most Libras and a few Scorpios. Of course, Scorp often thrives on Mars/Saturn events, so this might not be bad for you at all. This is particularly true if you are one of those rare Scorps who works in front of the camera in the entertainment industry (Larry King). Actually, if you are a Scorp and you work in ANY aspect of the entertainment industry, or photography, this date might work for you. Just know that this is all about what most people consider REALLY DIFFICULT ENERGY. Good time for autopsy photos, etc. Bad time for pictures of bunnies & flowers.
Warning: if you are a “Goth” and think this will work “for” you; think twice. This isn’t an aspect to play with.
October 28th to November 28th
Friendships end on this date for you, and new alliances of a harsh nature are forged. This isn’t the kind of friend that you’ll likely invite to Christmas, but it is one you would want to count on in battle. Sagittarians born during this time will be tempted to mouth some rather harsh words.
November 28th to December 28th
Do you really want to quit this job? The new one will work you harder than you’ve ever imagined. Cost / benefit will say that the new one will pay far less in terms of the effort neeed to sustain that pay. In fact, they might not offer you much to begin with. Or, did they offer you the moon on Wednesday only to swindle you on Thursday or Friday? If so, is this someone you really want to be involved with?
A few Capricorns will actually come out on top in these battles.
December 28th to January 27th
Back to school, eh? Or, is it a lawsuit? Both? Did the settlement from the lawsuit pay for you to go back to school? If so, consider waiting until Spring Semester before you start. More will be revealed this fall.
If you are BEING sued, then don’t get your hopes too high on Wednesday. Thursday will crash down upon you. Don’t go cheap on the lawyer; you’ll need the best on this one. If this makes it into “the media,” then you are in deep trouble. Watch out for the “60 Minutes News Team” on your doorstep.
January 27th to February 27th
Ouch, ouch, and ouch for you. Could be a death in the family or it could be taxes, but it’ll almost certainly be death or taxes for you. Maybe this is a good time to let go of some duty you’ve carried too long. (I know that the new person terrifies you; take comfort in the idea that they probably won’t make it until the end of this year.)
If you file taxes on August 15th, you’d better make certain you have everything in order. Trouble is brewing.
February 27th to March 30th
Not the best time to get married for you. Re-schedule. You can ALWAYS re-schedule. The party is only for a day. The partner is for a life. If you are Aries, wait a few weeks until you are (1) in Solar Leo and (2) after the new moon. If you are Pisces, wait until early November. (I know, it’s cold then. But, that’s a better date for you.)
Not getting married? Your enemies may show their hand today. Don’t show yours. Don’t show it on Wednesday, either. (And, you’ll be tempted.) You might can win this one *IF* you “cross every ‘T’ and dot every ‘i’.”
March 30th to April 29th
Work, work, work. Will they ever stop piling it on? Avoid new projects no matter HOW tempting they sound. They may try to snag you on Wednesday or even Tuesday, so NOTHING new for you this week. Pass over that “Plum” that is being offered to you; it has a barb in it.
April 29th to May 30th
Lucky you. Or, so it seems. If you do win (Lotto, or whatever), just don’t spend it all in one place. Frankly, the smart thing for you to do is to use it to clear as much debt as possible. Didn’t win the Lotto? Watch out for that new Romance; it is more trouble than it is worth.
May 30th to June 29th
Trouble at home? It will be tough, but you can be, too. Hang in there. Watch out for that plumber or handyman who comes on a little bit to strong with their sales pitch about how “urgent” this problem is. Yes, it is urgent. But, I bet you can find a better (and cheaper) solution than the one they offer. You know how the old song goes: “you’d better shop around.”
June 29th to July 30th
That is one letter or phone call or email that you really didn’t want. If you are lucky, then it is a case of what you send or speak. If so, be silent this week. If at all possible, SHUT UP. Hide if necessary.
Things are changing. Wait for the news the Full Moon brings on July 18th.
July 30th to August 29th
Okay, is it all about aches and pains in the neck or lower, in the pocket book? Don’t overspend on Wednesday, because you’ll feel the pain on Thursday. If you have joint pain, just know that the heat of a summer day can sometimes be helpful.
August 29th to September 28th
This is a defining moment for you. Difficult to predict, you have to make a decision, and no matter what you pick, this is almost certainly a major turning point for you. This decision could easily “follow you around” for about two years.
Like the other predictions, remember to take the most conservative path possible on this one.
That’s all for now. The next BIG events will be the Full Moon on July 18th and the Mars Trine Jupiter on July 26th (with Sun in Leo).
Tags: mundane, rectification
Today, I read an interesting piece called “Happy Birthday to the United States of America – Or is it?”
Very interesting article, and more interesting comments. I suppose I must start by saying that I completely disagree with ANY notion that the Articles of Confederation was the birth, regardless of sign. Specifically, it was the death of the Articles of Confederation (a model that could not work) that led to the Constitution (a model that could work).
(Please read The Federalist Papers if you have any doubt.)
A commentator to this article, Chris, comes AWFULLY close to the real turning point. He mentions ratification of the 13th Amendment as a possibility for the “real” birthdate. Very, very close.
At this point, we must consider that, in a sense, the nation “died” with the first shot fired at the Battle of Fort Sumter, and a “preganancy” began at the surrender at Appamattox. (Note that both are Aries dates that loosely square the July 4, 1776 date.)
But, the key point would be the ratification of the 14th Amendment, specifically “the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.” That is the glue that holds together MUCH of modern law.
That date is July 9, 1868 (which makes the “new” nation a Cancerian, too.) Apparently all of the “Reconstruction Amendments” were ratified that day.
The current version of Wikipedia describes the Reconstruction Amendments as “perhaps the most significant structural change to the Constitution since the passage of the United States Bill of Rights.”
The Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment means:
(1) if someone from “out of state” in their car hits your car, then (in most states) the “long arm statute” provides (usually) that you can assert jurisdiction “to the full extent of the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment.” Ditto for any similar kind of incident. (Not just an auto crash.)
[But, this blog isn’t to be construed as legal advice nor is it a substitute of any kind for legal advice from a competent attorney practicing in your jurisdiction. Consult them if you have an actual question about any legal questions that may or may not apply to you or anyone to whom this or related questions or issues may apply.]
(2) Due Process Clause of the 14th extends to the states the protection of the 5th that you cannot be deprived of “life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness” without due process (a hearing, often a trial).
Maybe the problem here is the “old” (Piscean?) astrological notion of picking a SINGLE date to represent an entity. That was essential in an age before computers, but with (Aquarian Age) tools like Bernadette Brady‘s Jigsaw, we can COMBINE multiple dates to produce a new kind of (more sophisticated) analysis….
Then we could include “the Switch in Time That Saved Nine,” which was probably the defining moment for the post-FDR Supreme Court….